We’re only two days away from competition! Are you prepped and ready? Here is a checklist of everything you need!
- Costume and props
- Sewing Kit/Safety pins/Glue/ Double side tape – In case anything wonky happens with your costume, make sure you bring your kits just in case! You wouldn’t want any last minute rips or fallen rhinestones.
- Appropriate undies – Think beige thongs! Okay, I hate wearing thongs but this may be one instance where I think it’s crucial. Pole shorts are pretty tight, you don’t want VPL showing up in your pictures. Also, beige/nude colors are always a safe bet – you never know how that light is gonna hit that pastel colored fabric.
- Makeup and Hair – Bring it all! Hairbands, bobby pins and hairspray!
- Grip Aid
- Music & Headphones – You will want to get in the zone with your music. Also some competitions require you to bring a CD in case the digital file you sent doesn’t work.
- Mani/Pedi – You don’t have to paint you’re nails (it may look nice though!) but at least make sure your cuticles are cut and clean. You wanna look good from head to toe!
- Shaving/Wax – Both for looks and function.
- Icepacks/Band-aids/Duct Tape
- Foam rollers/yoga mats
- Snacks! – Fruits, energy bars, nuts!
Halloween is just a few short days away, and things aren’t exactly what they seem. Particularly when it comes to my cat. I’ve noticed him staring at my pole. Lounging with my Pleasers. Eyeing my drawer of pole clothes. I shake my head and tell myself it’s not possible. That everything pole related I’ve noticed lately is purely coincidence. That he’s just a cat, and cats don’t pole dance.
Or do they?
But when the photos came, I couldn’t find a single one that I liked. My costume was too big, and I showed. My stomach looked flabby. My hair was a mess. I didn’t hold some tricks nearly as long enough as I had thought, and those I had held weren’t really aimed at the audience. So, I had a good cry, shut my laptop, and decided to look back at them another day.